Monday 15 December 2014

Logic Pro: Cliché Soundtrack Play-Around

Cliché Soundtrack Play-Around 





In this moving image lesson we experimented with different sounds in Logic Pro. We were told where everything was such as instruments, sound loops and how to add software tracks and how to use the typing keyboard as a musical keyboard. After that we played around creating various different sounds and getting a feel for Logic in general. 

Once we all had a general play around and had gotten a feel for the software we were then set a task to create a backing track to a clip of our choice from a short film from the previous second year Moving Image students. 

Below is the clip that I chose and the final music that I created:


Impact on the characters:

The music I created for this was made very specifically to fit the scene. In the scene there is a person tied up to a chair in a dark room with a bag over their head and they are screaming. Straight away I wanted to create something that would turn emotions cold for the audience so I decided to use a medium pitched synth and a lower-end pitched synth. These working together created a tense atmosphere right from the start, especially when you are greeting with a tracking in shot into this tied-up character. The amount of music/instruments used is very minimal but I wanted it like this because anything else added to it would create a completely different atmosphere and where it was, was just spot-on. 

What did I know before/what did I learn?
Before I was aware of everything that we had taught in this lesson but I had never actually independently tried it out myself, I was aware because I just followed what the teacher did in school on the projector. 

It was good to have that Independence to just crack on and get the job done and experiment, that's one of the best ways to learn for me I find because It actually stays in my head more. So I was aware of everything we had been taught but it was good to have it fresh in my head and hopefully I wont forget it as quickly or as much as I did 3 years ago.   

No comments:

Post a Comment