Tuesday 11 November 2014

3 Minute Short - Pre-Production


3 Minute Short - Pre-Production






In todays lesson we started the Pre-Production process of our individual 3-minute shorts. Pre-Production is a vital part as mentioned in a previous post. I personally find Pre-Production much harder compared to Production and Post-Production because I find myself to be a more active/productive person and I can't stand sitting at a desk planning things or writing scripts. It's much harder for me to get my head into gear for it. I just like being behind a camera or viewing something visually interesting, such as a timeline on Premiere instead of a white screen with text over it. 

Yes, it's needed and I don't particularly enjoy it as much, but sometimes you've got to do things you don't want to do to then be able to do the things you want to do. That thought often helps me to get through. 

Because I work better with things that are more visually interesting, I take advantage of it and try to make my Pre-Production process more visual. This can involve things such as colours or different shapes and things that just attract my eye to the screen. Different colours also help break up the page and organise it into specific groups. 

Another thing I find that helps me to get the process done is things such as inspirational quotes or just simply watching short films/videos that inspire me. Here are several examples of quotes that sometimes help me:

"It always seems impossible until it is done" - Nelson Mandela 

"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

There are of course other quotes that I find helps but these are just a few.




No comments:

Post a Comment