Monday 2 March 2015

Flash: Frame by Frame Animation

Flash: Frame by Frame Animation

Frame-by-frame animation is probably what animation is known for, it's very similar to stop-motion. 

With frame-by-frame animation, it is exactly what it says on the tin. When creating a frame-by-frame you create your world/vision on each frame, adding to it each time until you finish. 

Creating a frame-by-frame animation is very simple. On your timeline you 'insert a blank keyframe'. When I was creating my frame-by-frame, I copied over the contents of all the previous frame into the current one, if you do this every time all you have to do is copy the contents from the previous keyframe you worked on to the current one and then you'll be able to add to it. For a basic example I animated my name. Each line you see that spells my name is a different keyframe. 


Below are some images which demonstrates what I mean by frame-by-frame and shows the progress of a frame-by-frame animation in flash:

This was my starting frame, each keyframe on the timeline is blank except the one It's currently on:
And over time, it slowly starts to build up and you can see out's starting to create my name:



What did I learn from this task?

Before doing this task I had some idea of frame-by-frame animation, different types of animation and animation in general. It is briefly similar to motion tracking in After Effects in terms of frame-by-frame. Doing this task ultimately gave me the experience of actually creating a real animation on the correct software for what it is intended to do, I also learnt about how to use flash even more in a basic manor. 

Here is the finished piece:


  

No comments:

Post a Comment